Life Update + January in Review
Happy Saturday! I feel like I’m blowing the dust off of the keyboard and removing the cobwebs from my brain to write this post. It’s been awhile since I’ve written down my thoughts and while I’m not here to apologize, I do want to acknowledge that it’s been awhile–a long, long while. It was a nice break to sit back and enjoy life–just the break I needed.
Here’s what I’ve been up to:
- I tried Whole30 for the longest streak thus far–6 days! I made the most delicious tomato soup and succeeded at slicing my finger open. While I couldn’t hack Whole30 for the full 30 days, it was educating and taught me that I actually can cook–from scratch!
- One of my goals this year is to be my BEST SELF and this past month I started Weight Watchers. In college this program helped me lose 15 pounds and I’m hoping it helps me stay on track with my goals this year too!
- We went to Pittsburgh for our 6th annual trip to see the Steelers play. It was a heartbreaking loss, but we got to see snow and go skiing for the first time ever! You can catch a recap of my Pittsburgh trip on my Insta stories–just look for Pittsburgh Trip!
- I go to the gym almost every day now and actually enjoy it! I never thought I’d be a “leg day” or “cardio day” person, but it’s fun to me now! I’m also loving expanding my workout collection. I have about 7 pairs of black leggings and am now working on my sports bra collection.
- I read 5 books in January and most of them were in one week. When I get on a streak, I can’t seem to put the book down. Any other bookworms out there? Only 47 more books to read to reach my goal of 52 books this year.
- The husband and I have (so far) dodged this flu epidemic (knock on wood). I like to think it’s because of our use of essential oils, but maybe we’ve also just been lucky. YAY US!