7 Thoughts You Have the Week of Your Wedding
Y’all. I get married this week. As in, we’re having a wedding this weekend. In four days. Is this real life?
It’s clearly crunch time. I’ve been wedding planning for months now, but it seems like everything is happening in this last week. SOS. All of the details need to be finished and all of the beauty routines need to be completed. It’s a lot. Pair that with ALL of the thoughts I’ve been having (and weird dreams–last night I dreamed I took up cigar smoking because I was so stressed–like WUT?!) and you’ve got one stressed out bride. But, I know I’m not alone (hopefully). Otherwise, y’all are reading this and thinking I’m pyscho. Here are a few thoughts I’ve had since Sunday:
- Please don’t rain. Please don’t rain. If you’re like me and you’ve been planning your OUTDOOR wedding for SIX MONTHS, this thought haunts your dreams. I wake up in the middle of the night and check the weather forecast. The forecast has been known to ruin my day and make me cry. Why isn’t it more accurate?
- Does my fiancé still love me? Followed up with, but what if he doesn’t? But really. I’ve been a crazy, pyscho person crying all the time and lashing out for no reason. I don’t think I’d blame him if he didn’t. (Sidetone: he still does!)
- Is this real life? Wait. Who allowed me to be a grown-up and get married? I’m looking at you, parents! This should not be allowed. On another note, I’ve only been dreaming about this for the past eight years, but still–is it real life?
- What if nobody comes to the wedding? OMG. Nightmare. It’s a 60% chance of rain on our “outdoor” wedding day and I’m seriously worried no one will come now. Thank goodness for Josh! He brings me back down to earth when I’m in a tizzy and has told me that if they don’t come because of rain, we didn’t need them there anyway. #blessed
- I can’t wait until the Honeymoon. Honestly, Josh and I have had this conversation multiple times–we can’t wait to be husband and wife, but we can’t wait for the stress to be over (see #2) and to relax on the beach with a drink in each hand. Plus I just got this super cute/sexy one piece (seriously though y’all) and I can’t wait to wear it!
- I’m going to have a husband. A real live husband. And I’m going to be a wife. This is weird because I just got used to calling him my fiancé!
- I love my husband-to-be more and more everyday. It’s the cheesiest thing ever, but when I take a step back from al of the drama and all of the bullshit, I seriously am more in love with the boy (now man) I fell in love with in high school.
These last six months have been nothing less than a whirlwind. It hasn’t all been easy, but I know come Saturday, it will all be worth it. I can’t wait to marry the man of my dreams (rain or shine) and I can’t wait to start our forever! FOUR DAYS AND COUNTING!